Friday, May 4, 2012

The Avengers is now in theaters!

Earlier this week I was able to finally see The Avengers. I attended one of the cast and crew screenings at the Academy of Motion Picture Arts and Sciences with my longtime friend Sean. He and I had created and drawn our own comics as kids, so seeing the movie together all these years later was very special. Cellphones were not allowed inside, but the theater was incredible: 1,000+ spotless seats, red drapes over the screen, and a huge golden Oscar statue on either side of the screen. I had to pinch myself throughout the movie to make sure I wasn't dreaming. The film came out incredibly well: funny, well-paced, and the visual effects are top-notch. It is truly a blockbuster in every sense of the word, and I feel very fortunate to have been involved with it. You could definitely tell it was a cast and crew screening at the end, because no one got up when the credits started rolling. The cheers and shows of support from everyone in the room made it a very touching experience.
Sean and I outside the Samuel Goldwyn Theater in Beverly Hills, after watching The Avengers.
The Third Floor credits at the end of The Avengers (I'm on the left side).
Most of the shots I worked on were mentioned in an earlier post, but I noticed a few more that made it into the final edit, which I will mention after the break (spoiler alert!).
Thor catching his hammer and smashing it into Hulk, sending Hulk into a jet on the helicarrier.

Iron Man descending onto Stark Tower to meet Loki, after IM tries to destroy the Tesseract.
The final shot of the Avengers, as they face down a defeated Loki.
The final shot of the movie, where the camera drifts back from Stark Tower, revealing the 'A.'


No comments:

Post a Comment