Monday, January 11, 2016

Sketch of Max Von Sydow as Lor San Tekka

So some years it's easy to think of what you want to pursue more as a resolution. For me, this New Year's resolution was a resounding: DRAW MORE! 2015 was the dryest year yet for time spent away from the drawing pad, with attention spent more on photo manipulation and touching up family pictures (you parents of young kids out there know where I'm coming from). However, the neglect ends now. The first piece I drew this year ended up being taken from Star Wars: The Force Awakens, whose art books were a joy to flip through over the break. There will most definitely be more subjects taken from that universe as I work on getting my draftsmanship skills back up to snuff.

Actor Max Von Sydow as Lor San Tekka. Graphite on paper. 2016
Also, I read an art book over the weekend called Sketchbook for the Artist, that I highly recommend. It was the perfect refresher of illustration principles to keep aware of, no matter how many years you've been drawing.

No comments:

Post a Comment