Friday, March 27, 2009

Stanley Kubrick (and a hello)


Welcome!
Stanley Kubrick. 1999. Graphite on vellum. 11"x14".

For my first blog post, I'll start with my favorite high school piece; a reproduction portrait of film director Stanley Kubrick. To me it symbolized the first time I really got a hold on realistically rendering a figure. If you look closely, you can see my initials and the year it was done near the center of the camera he's holding. Kubrick remains one of my favorite directors, and the attention to detail he was known for was on my mind as I worked on it. This blog will serve to display the works I've done in the past, as well as works in progress, and I will include my thought process for each piece as well. I hope you enjoy it and become a Blogger follower by clicking in the Follow section on the right column.

No comments:

Post a Comment